HOW WILL MY GIFTS HELP US “BE THE CHURCH?”
Simply, the tithes and offerings entrusted to Grace Fellowship in 2017 will be used to further the mission and ministry of this church. Your gifts can and will help build and expand on what God has been doing here for our first 20 years. The “theme” for the year 2017 at Grace Fellowship is “Be the Church!”, and the theme scripture for the coming year is Acts 2. So, put another way, your financial gifts will help us “be the church.”
Acts 2 is a powerful expression of God’s vision for Grace Fellowship to be a house of prayer for all nations, and we believe that Acts 2 is God’s emphasis for us in the Year 2017. In Acts 2, the early church modeled all the elements that God wants for His church: dedication to the Word and prayer and community, awe of God, the meeting of needs, miracles, assembling as a large group to worship and in homes for spiritual formation, and growth through reaching unchurched people for Christ. And all of this was empowered by the Holy Spirit whom was poured out on His Church. Acts 2 is a radical call for the church to be the church. LET’S BE THE CHURCH!
Your financial gifts will not only help the larger Body called Grace Fellowship “be the church”; in addition, our act of giving also helps each of us individually “be the church”. WHAT A GREAT INVESTMENT!
In more specific terms for 2017, here are some of the tangible ways that your financial gifts will help us “be the church” in the coming year:
- WHEN WE GIVE AS AN ACT OF WORSHIP, we all grow deeper in our love for God and for our neighbor.
- MORE OF US WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY AND RELATIONALLY as our gifts will support greater participation in vibrant and life-giving small groups, the Alpha course, Care Ministry, and other discipleship groups.
- OUR GIFTS WILL HELP launch and support an intentional equipping and training process for lay leadership development here at Grace Fellowship.
- OUR GIFTS WILL SUPPORT Grace Fellowship’s goal to bring the Good News of Christ to our adopted unreached people groups (UPG), with 20% of our budget going back out in mission initiatives and support.
- OUR GIFTS WILL HELP US AND OUR NEIGHBOR take our “next step” of discipleship, allowing us all to look and be more like Jesus.
GFUMC incurs a 2% merchant fee when gifts are made by credit card. Our partner accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.