The purpose of Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church Preschool Ministry is to teach young children to know and to love God and His Son, Jesus Christ. In doing so, the ministry will be an extension of Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church's vision ("to be a house of prayer for all nations").
This will be accomplished through:
(1) Providing an age and developmentally appropriate Christian curriculum;
(2) Teaching each child to pray for himself/herself and for others;
(3) Leading each child to understand that he/she is uniquely created by God for His glory;
(4) Teaching each child to respect teachers, peers, and self with love and kindness; and,
(5) Being loved, cared for and taught by teachers with a love for Jesus Christ.
All of our staff are experienced in working with young children, or have participated in pre-service training. Staff members are required to participate in a minimum of 24 hours of early childhood education during each school year. In addition, all staff are trained in CPR and First Aid. Each employee must pass a criminal history background and fingerprint check conducted by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. The average tenure of our staff is six years.